Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Be My Minion!

Hi!

I was passing some time while waiting for the art supply store to open and decided to take a geek break with the old blog here...

Seems you can now "follow" a blog... Hmmm. kinda like having a friends list on Myspace or Facebook or whatever. Neat. Apparently, this nifty new thingy lets readers publicly subscribe to your blog (so you know who's reading) and adds a Reading List to your Blogger Dashboard so readers can stay updated with the blogs they follow. I just started "following" certain blogs by certain friends (ahem) and as I said a moment ago: neat.

The idea here is to encourage folks to tune into your blog more than once because, and I quote: "Readers often visit a blog and enjoy it but fail to return." This is, I think, a great way to build an audience ESPECIALLY for those looking to be published... Check your Dashboard for the 411, yo.

(hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge -- say-no-more)

1 comment:

David said...

Yes, google reader is the same idea BUT it's yet ANOTHER place to have to go. At least with the follow gadget on the blog, I can keep up with blogs when I'm in the bloggerverse, y'know..? It's a one stop shopping type of thing. Anyway, aren't you curious about how many people read your blog?